Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Future

For most of my adult life, I have not thought of the future. I take that back, for most of my life I have not thought about the future. There are things that I imagine myself doing and places I'll be but that is more like a daydream, an image. How can I expect to go places in my life if I don't create a path or use a map? I'll end up going in circles, getting lost, or perhaps worse, not going anywhere at all. Today I am a handyman for an apartment company, live in two bedroom apartment, have a wife and child, and two pets. Where was I 5 years ago? The exact same place. Suffice to say, I have gone no where.

I propose a new map for my life's journey. Here are the stops:

1) By this time next year, I would like be with a new employer, earning and providing more for my family. I would also like for Nichole and I to either be pregnant with a second child, or at least, trying for one. I would like my relationship with the two most important people in my life to be stronger. I can accomplish that by being a better communicator (ie. expressing how I feel about things, being open and honest, and being consistent).

I should write more, but I have some job searching I have been way too lax on doing lately, so off to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment